Self exclusion program at Crown
When you need a break from gaming, one of the biggest barriers can be self-control. One method to hold yourself accountable for stopping play completely is by opting into Crown’s Self Exclusion program.
Individuals can sign a voluntary agreement to prohibit themselves from entering or remaining in the gaming areas at Crown Perth and Crown Melbourne. A Self Exclusion is for a minimum period of twelve months, with longer options available. These options can be discussed with a Responsible Gaming Advisor.
Download the full Self Exclusion brochure here
Why Self Exclusion?
Customers may seek to Self Exclude from the casino for a number of reasons including (but not limited to):
- Creating an opportunity to stop or control their gaming;
- To take a break from gaming therefore preventing the risk of increased financial loss and other associated problems;
- To take a break from gaming to focus on other aspects of life such as family, work or study;
- To support a family member or friend who may be experiencing problems with their gaming.
How to exclude yourself
If you have decided that you wish to exclude yourself from entering the casino, you may:
When at Crown:
- Visit the Crown Perth Responsible Gaming Centre located on the lower level of the eastern Tunnel Entrance; a map of the location is available here.
- Approach a Security Officer at the entrance to the casino and ask them to contact the Responsible Gaming Team
When not at Crown:
- Contact the Responsible Gaming Team on 1800 801 098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start the process online by following the instructions in the below link, on receipt of your Application for Self Exclusion a member from the Responsible Gaming Team will contact you to complete the process
Download the Application for Self Exclusion - Online Instructions here
Download the Application for Self Exclusion - Certified Identification here
Download the Application for Self Exclusion - Application Form here
For more information on making change click on the following link: www.gamblinghelponline.org.au/making-a-change
Revoking (ending) a Self Exclusion
Crown will maintain the Self Exclusion until it is revoked in writing by Crown. An application to revoke a Self Exclusion may be made after the minimum nominated period has passed by submitting an Application for Revocation of Self Exclusion. Applicants are required to successfully complete the revocation process before being permitted to return to the casino. This is a three step process:
- Submit a completed Application for Revocation of Self Exclusion
- Engage in individual revocation counselling, and
- Attend a meeting with the Responsible Gaming Team
Approval of an application is at Crown’s sole discretion. Crown will need to be satisfied that the person seeking revocation has appropriately addressed the issues that led to Self Exclusion. To confirm eligibility to apply for revocation and to obtain a referral to Gambling Help WA for free revocation counselling please contact the Responsible Gaming Team on 1800 801 098 or email email@example.com
Download an Application for Revocation of a Self Exclusion here